2019年6月5日水曜日

Apollo's gold

'I'm trying to help you. Can you swim underwater?' he asked. (p.34)


「apollo's gold」の画像検索結果     A hardworking woman, Liz goes to Sifnos. She takes a walk around the town and sees friendly people, so she is satisfied with her break. However, two accidents suffers her. Firstly, a kind man gets drunk and starts a fire on his boat which he is in. Although police try to search what he was doing before he drank alcohol, there is no evidence and no one finds out it. Next, Liz is taken away by terrorists. They buy and sell gold illegally. She pretends to be asleep and waits to get her rescued in the terrorists' boat. Takis comes to the boat and escapes her. She begins swimming across some rocks... She struggles to reach a cave and think about a way to help him who are left on dangerous boat...


     This is Cambridge English Readers series. I like spy action movies such as Mission Impossible and Salt. This book is similar to them, so it attracted me.

Mnoses, Antoinette. (1999). Apollo's gold. Cambridge; Cambridge.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I read this book, but I didn't think that it was similar to spy action movies when I read the book. I paid attention to the unique characteres, especially Takis who readers can't know is an enemy or not. So your view is interesting.

    返信削除