2019年11月2日土曜日

BR 3-4: Best Joke Book Ever

Today I'll introduce a book which make you an expert of jokes.


Image result for best joke book ever goodwill     I bought it in a book store in Singapore, and you can't find it in the University library, so I'm sharing some of them with you. Sometimes it's demanding for learners to get the points of jokes as those who are studying Japanese learn to use Japanese riddle or word play. In Japanese, when it comes to jokes, I come up with dajare, children often say to make their friends like this; Chirashi no medama wa chirashi zushi. It means 'A centerpiece of the flier is Japanese chirashi zushi.' Chirashi, flier has the ssame sound with Chirashi zushi. I'm not sure it truly tells the people the interesting points, but when I taught it to my younger sister, luckily she got it.
     Anyway, let's take a look at jokes in English. In this                                         book, there are lots of jokes for children like this; 

     I got fired from my last job because I was too tough.
          What do you mean?
     I didn't take orders from anybody. 

I felt as if I had been watching a TV show in which comedian are saying seriously. In general, jokes for adults, I think it has more topics related to society situation and black humor which mostly people are willing to say than Japanese ones. Maybe this is because we use jokes when a certain relationship is being constructed, so even if speakers knows that those topics aren't always good to everyone, they want to make sure that everyone has the same feeling for a topic. That's why they have a strong tendency toward feeling free to use a variety of things. However, the speakers consider the situation carefully when, who and how. 


Keller, Charles. Best Joke Book Ever. (2019). New York; Goodwill publishing house. 






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿