2020年5月30日土曜日

SLA Junior Seminar 7: Unfiltered: No Shame, No Respect, Just Me.

'Openness and acceptance is where I exist now. '(p.212) 

Amazon.com: Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me ...

     When I browsed Amazon as always, Lily, the woman on the cover caught my attention with the word, 'international bestseller.' The book I introduced on blog for the past a few weeks are recommended by my close friend. However, I finally get a chance to let her share the book I picked up. By the way, do you know Lily Collins? I have never heard even her name, much less her work. She is British working as an actress in the United States. When she was a student,  her family moved there and she had to deal with problems such as her parents' divorce, eating disorder, extreme dieting, and love matter. Since her personality is more sensitive than other girls and keen to become her IDEAL figure, which would destroyed herself physically and mentally in her teens. Even when she became almost dead, there were maternal support to encourage her to look up all the time. 



     If this is the first time you have seen her, I would like you to pay attention to how she overcame all of the problems like which other people experience in their whole life. Of all them, one scene I was impressed by her action is that she struggled to face them and started something new. For instance, the election of President, she took part in a group to advertise Mr. Obama with a public speech. If I were at stake mentally like her, I could not be so brave and intentional that I had been almost homebody. Furthermore, there are a lot of findings and learning from her critical life. When you have other perspective, write the comment and share with me!! 

Collins, Lily. Unfiltered: No Shame, No Respect, Just Me. New York, USA; Harper Collins Publisher. 
     

2 件のコメント:

  1. Thank you for sharing the book. I've heard about her. I am more familiar with her father who is a very famous musician, Phil Collins. Have you seen any of her movies?

    返信削除
  2. I've never heard of her. Her bumpy life helps to initiate our thinking in many ways. We all have weak and sensitive heart from communicating with and believing in others.

    返信削除