2021年1月25日月曜日

15. The Alchemist

And, when someone was in such pursuit, the entire universe made an effort to help him succeed (p.95).



The quotation above is my belief when I try to achieve something. The story begins with a shepherd boy who dreams of traveling the world to seek wonderful treasures that anyone has never found. He decides to make a long journey from Andalusia to the Pyramid in Egypt. On his way, he has lots of encounters with those who struggle to make each dream achieve or are in the middle of finding themselves. Among them, an old king's words can be memorable the most. Of course, the status of "a king" has numerous possibilities of everything, therefore he must have faced some crisis during his time. Therefore, the words can be richer and meaningful when I received them from "the king."

Every single day is a crucial time for me to move forward now. I am dedicating most of my time to doing job-hunting right now. So far I believe what I have done at university around for 3 years is right and promising. However, when I notice my weaknesses there, it saddens me, and might lose confidence. In such time, I feel the old king's remark is rooting on me and can recharge energy for it again. 

Coelho, Paulo. (1988). The Alchemist. Croydon: Thorsons. 



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿