2020年4月30日木曜日

SLA Junior Seminar 3: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

First of all, let me get something straight: this is a JOURNAL, not a diary. (p.1) 



Amazon | Diary Of A Wimpy Kid (Book 1) | Kinney, Jeff | School

     When I came home in Saga two months ago, my little sister (an elementary school girl) brought the children book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid translated in Japanese and asked me to read it together. Today I will share the story which I enjoyed with her.



     It is narrated by a normal child that is there, having common school life and funny friendship. His name is Greg. He stresses he'll be famous one day, but FOR NOW he is stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons😁 He just shares his school life with jerks, strange teachers and  pranks. Of those things, Cheese Touch gives me strong impression every time I reach the part of the book.  Cheese Touch is a kind of tricks or pranks that are popular among boys. One day, one of his friend touches a piece of cheese that has been sitting on a basketball ground for a long time, and smells bad and moldy. Until the boy passes it to other friends, he keeps the smell, so they run away with their fingers crossed. Tough it is a foolish play that kindergarten children like, somehow it reminds me of a recollection in my childhood because boys played similar things.


     It is often the case that I feel like I could go back to the past and enjoyed myself with old memories. If you have some books connected with your precious things or valuable memory, I would like you to share with us.

Kinney, Jeff. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. (2007). UK: Puffin books.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I sometimes think that I want to go back to the past, but I recently feel it is fun now very much. However, I would like to try to read this book when I bring up my childhood or old memories!

    返信削除
  2. Thanks Hikari!!
    I believe reading books has a great way to connect you with another you that you want to be or were. This book is kind of one of stuffs for me. Besides, if we know about some famous child story like this, it's easier to catch the scene when you see the story in other stories.

    返信削除