2019年4月17日水曜日

Circle games

'You must see it in your head, just like it was in front of you. Then, in a very carefully way, you make it with your hands...' (p.25)


「circle games cambridge english readers」の画像検索結果     There are five stories in this book, and I'll introduce you my favorite story. It is Special Clay. Emilio is a boy with problems. He is an intelligent, but not understanding something makes him afraid and being afraid makes him angry. His parents want him to take better classes which meet with his personality, so he goes to special school and he is away from home for a while. In this school, he takes Mrs McFee's class and makes clay. Her class let him be himself and he is realizing how to control himself. As time goes by, he is calm and his clay is praised by a artist. He and his teacher go to his studio by car and occur the accident. In this time, he remembers the words and take some actions. What do you guess his action? I want you to see his growth as a boy in this story. I do know that young people have hard time in which they don't know themselves and allow other people to control them. If you also had such a time, I'm sure you can recognize him.


This book is Cambridge English Readers series. It involves some kind of genres based on Chinese culture. I read it for the first time, and I knew that some people tend to disregard some old culture such as trishaw which is bicycle with a kind of umbrella at the bank. If you're interested in Asian culture, I recommend it.

Brennan, Frank. (2005). Circle games. Cambridge; Cambridge.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I want to see his growth in this story! It looks so interesting.

    返信削除