2019年4月15日月曜日

The double bass mystery


‘Money, of course. I wanted more money.’ (p.43)


「double bass cambridge english readers」の画像検索結果     I belonged to a brass band for almost 10 years, so this story made me more excited. The main character, Penny is playing the double bass and one day, she notices that her instrument’s case is gone during her music concert. In addition, there is a murder in which her band’s manager is killed. She feels strange about these accidents, so starts searching them. As time goes by, she thinks that her boyfriend, Simon is staying clumsy, and surprisingly he is involved an illegal syndicate. I think there are two clues in advance. First, Simon is also playing the double bass and know it quite well. Second, these accidents happen during their concert at a big city, which means the criminal can make the situation more complicated. Through these clues, readers can gain some new background and reach a fact.

   
     This is Cambridge English Readers series. In the mystery series, readers can share guess with the main character because most of them give us some lists. I’m trying to solve them by myself when I read this kind of stories and I think it is important for readers to think critically and have different ideas. I recommend that everyone read this book and have wider ideas.


Harmer, Jeremy. (1999). The double bass. Cambridge; Cambridge.

1 件のコメント: