2019年4月19日金曜日

Within high fences

George showed me that I could change. (p.47)


within high fences に対する画像結果     I've showed you some kind of love stories, but this story is more complicated. Nancy lives with Tom who is rich and likes buying her everything. However, she is not satisfied with the life because she is forced to be with him all the time. She is working as a guard in an asylum center and comes across George who escapes from his country. When she talks with him, she feels more comfortable than staying with Tom and knows that he is trying to change his country by taking pictures and showing other counties. After he leaves the center, they becomes a couple. Tom hates it because Nancy is falling love with an asylum seeker with no money. Therefore, a incident happens which changes her life. I think this book is based on two themes. First of all, rich people like Tom tend to believe that asylum people try to invade a country such as jobs, life, and money and so on. He is thinking that his country is for the people, so there are no way which they can help the poor. Second, Nancy and George's love are possibly a controversial issue because they are in serious situation. This is similar to Romeo and Juliet. It is important to pay attention to a point. That is how they deal with hard situations and this is related with the title 'Withn high fences.'



     This is Cambridge English Readers series. I do like the some stories with different series. Every time I read more difficult series, I rediscover my fascination for them and I find myself getting hooked by them again and again.Therefore, I recommend that you read the same stories many times with different series or movies.

Hancock, Penny. (2005). Within high fences. Cambridge; Cambridge.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I'm interested in this book and I want to know what this title means.
    I'll read this book this week:)
    Also, I think your book review are very nice because you wrote your idea and compare this book to other books. I learned from you!

    返信削除
  2. I think it's very interesting story. Rich man is not bad, but if I were in her situation, I will choose the asylum.

    返信削除