2019年5月25日土曜日

Within high fences

'But can I make you happy?' he asked. (p. 46)


「within highfences」の画像検索結果
     Nancy starts working in an asylum center and she comes across a man, George. He is so caring that she can't see him as a just asylum seeker. After he leaves the center, she keeps in tough with him because she wants to support his life. As time passes, she realizes that she has fell in love with him, but she has a husband, Tom. Tom is inclined to be egocentric about her, so she loves George more than Tom. She decides to go away from Tom and starts new life with George. Unfortunately, there is an incident which could break the relationship between them. Can they get over this difficulties? I've read this book before, so I paid attention to Tom. I thought those who have enough asset, authorized job and nice wife are said to become selfish.  Moreover, they don't notice that other people feel uncomfortable. Second, Tom does illegal things to regain Nancy. If he wants her, he should consider her happiness...


     This is Cambridge English Readers series. If you have read this book two times, you could find out the characters' situations in detail.

Hancoch, Penny. (2005). Within high fences. Cambridge; Cambridge.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I've read this book before.
    But while reading, I didn't pay attention to Tom. As you say, Tom has to think about Nancy's happiness. If I read this one again, I try paying attention to each characters.

    返信削除