2020年12月23日水曜日

英語教育講義⑬ modification and enhancement of errors

To Coordinate the learners' process of studying 

I thought concrete ways of Focus on Form are useful for every language learner. In particular, in terms of reactive, when they make errors in grammar, there are some types of responses to what they say. Let's say if a student says "I meet my friend yesterday," in which the verb should be past tense, the teacher can refer to the mistake indirectly to let them notice. Among them, I liked Recast. Applied to the example, the teacher should say "Oh, you met your friend yesterday?" Indirect feedback never hurts anyone. 

I want to use the Focus on Form when I get a job!!
These days I often take part in online internships and had one today as well right before the lecture. We discussed the way of teaching English to those who are from all walks of life. With the change of entrance examinations at schools, students might have problems keeping up with classes. In addition, more companies incorporate overseas and the demand for business English is going to soar. To meet the demand and deal with the problem, cram schools and language schools are putting more time money on output than input. However, through this lecture, I sensed their ways will not be matched with all of the learners due to the gap of their levels and target ones. Therefore, when I get a job in an educational company and engage in teaching English, I would like to focus on how comprehensible and potential the materials and courses are. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿