2020年12月9日水曜日

英語教育講義⑪ Working memory is necessary when learning languages

 Working memory is

I learn three memory that we go through when listening to someone's talk. I suspect you know the conception of short-term and long-term memory. Short-term memory functions on a daily basis such as when you repeat someone's phone number and words. However, learning languages need working memory that comprises three components. We experiment with how it works when we listen and mumble after someone's talk. Though today's activity, I noticed the thinking process is similar to shadowing something. When I study listening parts of the TOEIC test, I try to repeat just after the audio and interpret it in mind. As repeated the same thing, unconsciously, some words and phrases I want to memorize embed in my head, and I can go to the speaking step. With my experience and today's lecture, working memory has a good work, which helps us learn chunks by heart. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿