2020年10月7日水曜日

英語教育講義② Motivation for learning English

When I face my motivation problem....
     If you put a lot of effort to accomplish something, I suppose you have experienced of changing your level of motivation. In my case, so far I have had two types of ups and downs while learning languages. One is when I set a goal score of TOEIC and burned the midnight oil. However, I could not be satisfied with the result at all. Then, I felt miserable and lost my motivation. The other is when I was stuck with a lot of things to do. Club activities, part time job, and preparing for job hunting.... They got me worn out completely, and then I could not concentrate on learning English. 


What can I do??
     I sensed a sort of dilemma which means I have a goal to freshen up English, but I can not do what I want to do. Therefore, I decided to keep my daily routine to maintain my motivation steadily. Soon after waking up, I make a to-do list in a day including English learning such as reading books, reviewing words I previously learnt, and speaking with friends on SNS. Every single day, I try to fill the check box as soon as possible. 
     One reason we can not keep our motivation or give up the goal is you do not take in  what you are doing. By writing down what is on your mind, I think you can straighten your thinking, which stimulates yourself. 


     Another way to solve the problem is to get your point checked objectively. If my motivation goes down unfortunately, I always get feedback about my way from my friend. Her nationality is Japanese, but she has lived in New York before. We have shared both of bitter experience and joy of learning, therefore it is no doubt she has known about me better than anyone else. Like this, if you have any person to consult about your goal or dream, I suspect you can be free from your matter and find your setback or weakness. 

2 件のコメント:

  1. It is certainly nice to have some friends like that. Plus, I am sure you are already high-motivated. Keep your hard-work and you will be able to handle any problems you may have. (Koyo Ogawa)

    返信削除
  2. Making a list and filling out is a good way to clear our minds and take care of daily chores.

    返信削除