2020年10月14日水曜日

英語教育講義③ Our mother tongue has influence on learning English

Babies have great abilities to adopt languages!!! 

I am convinced that they are good at recognizing and absorbing sounds easily. When my sister was a baby, I watched NHK educational TV program, and read English children book together. At first, she seemed not to curious about English, but gradually she asked me to let her read English book. Soon after this period, it got her to voicing simple words such as apple, lion, and orange. She is really getting good at memorizing and connecting words. maybe than me... Therefore, I believe it is important to soak in a variety of sounds during childhood. 


Transmission among languages😮

My group discussed the transmission from aspects of learning languages and accepting culture. In terms of learning languages, one of my members mentioned about Japanese-English, and she said her friend was embarrassed with her Japanese accent such as L and R. Moreover, I remember when I was a junior high school student, there was a boy who was confused with the tense. As Mr. Yoshii explained, Japanese people use Past Tense though the sentence should be Present Simple. Therefore, the distance between two languages has greater impact especially, on beginners. With regard to accepting culture, I think I could get a good influence from learning English. Last year, I went to Singapore to study English, and met a girl who was not fearful of making mistakes rather confident. There, I learnt they are the key to step up to the next. Now, I believe I will pass up fortunate opportunities if I hesitate not to make mistakes. 



2 件のコメント:

  1. Understanding the first language culture may help you a lot. Watching movies and listening to music also help you make sense of the language world. (Koyo)

    返信削除
  2. You had a great experience in Singapore. She can be a good role model for language learning.

    返信削除