2020年11月28日土曜日

9. The courage to be disliked

 "You are not the center of the world." (p. 167) 



As I proceed with job hunting even online, sometimes I'm so questionable and concerned about the path I walked so far. Amind the pandemic, many people are suffered from every fear of being infected, fired and separated from their environment physically. So do I. However, The courage to be disliked relieved and gave me inspiration about the insight of life. Today I will pick up my favorite part of the story and share it with you. 

Before getting into it, I will introduce the characters and their situation roughly. There are two people: a philosopher and a youth. The boy feels inferior to his personality, school life, and relationships. The teacher is delivering a lecture from the perspective of philosophy, mainly focused on courage. He insists if the boy can admit his individuality, not citing other people's one, he would find himself wonderful and valuable. 

In my recommendation part, Chapter 4, the two people think of courage in a real group. The topic is a sense of belonging. What makes it? I thought a sense of belonging is endowed by other people surrounding me. However, the philosopher questions the youth about his role in a belonging. He tells that the boy should not be just a passive person who is waiting for happiness, but intend to contribute to the growth of the group. Even one thing can be seen from a variety of perspectives, and they teach me a more worthy way. 

Kisumi, I. & Koga, F. (2018). The courage to be disliked. Tokyo: Diamond Inc. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿